Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Subscription Products

Leopold

Total Posts:  1

I’m evaluating solutions for a new subscription based web offering. Magento has a lot of great features that could really speed delivery.

Is it simple to add a subscription based product that is billed periodically? I.e. site access is based on a paid up subscription, except during a free limited trial.

Are there hooks that could be easily used to manage drop-ship relationships?

Is the Review/Rating module hard-wired to catalog items, or could it be re-purposed to review/rate/comment on other content?

Thanks anyone who can answer these questions.

- Leo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Synchro

Total Posts:  2

Seems not at the moment: see this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/526/

Magento Community
Magento Community

primal1

Total Posts:  1

Leo wrote:
I’m evaluating solutions for a new subscription based web offering. Magento has a lot of great features that could really speed delivery.
Is it simple to add a subscription based product that is billed periodically? I.e. site access is based on a paid up subscription, except during a free limited trial.

A quick thought that might be a way to do this for now might be to use the PayPal Subscriptions billing function to handle the cash flow continuation challenge (but first check the PayPal Subscriptions agreement - I haven’t read it so don’t know if they allow it under your circumstances), then manually restrict access to the relevant portions of your site for those who stop paying… hope this helps in some way… good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community