Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect does not seam to work anymore

Benedikt

Total Posts:  14

Hello!

I seam to have a problem with magento-connect (or “the downloader")
For times it has worked like a charme but - without changing any source-files- it simply does not do its job anymore grin

When I install packages from the magento-connect website, the downloader downloads them, it diplays that everything worked fine an shows me the “refresh” button.

On the downloader Page, the installed packages show up as “installed” but they do not show up in my shops admin area.

Does anyone know a solution for this or may help me to find one?

PS; All files are actually cmodded to 777 an I did refresh the cache for about 100 times wink
PPS: Other fresh installed Shops on this server do not have this problem and install packages without any problem

Thanx in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

antcommerce

Total Posts:  19
the Netherlands

Same here.. the installation file is correctly downloaded and extracted in the downloader/pearlib/download/ directory, but the extracted files somehow do not get copied to their intended locations. Haven’t looked into this yet what can cause the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Have you tried running the update from SSH? My guess is, when you’re trying to use Magento Connect via the web interface, it’s running as nobody, so unless all the files that need to be updated are set to nobody too, it won’t actually do it. However, by running this from shell, where you’re actually logged in as the user who owns the files, it will update. It’s a simple command to run:

./pear upgrade-all

If you get an error when trying to run that, then do this:

./pear mage-setup .
./
pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

Make sure you run these commands in the same directory where Magento is installed (where the pear file is located).

Magento Community
Magento Community

antcommerce

Total Posts:  19
the Netherlands

Great, running only the command below fixed the problem. I guess it fixed something that broke during an earlier upgrade of the system. Installing via both SSH and Magento Connect now work perfectly. Thanks Crucial!

./pear mage-setup .

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

You’re welcome. If that is the line that did the trick, that just means the Magento PEAR command line registry had not been initialized yet (so when you were in Magento Connect, no extensions would have been listed).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community