Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple addresses = Paypal broken? 

cuteseal

Total Posts:  5

Hi all,

Firstly just wanted to say what a wonderful piece of software magento is!  It looks great and has functionality which blows the others (osc, zen) out of the water.

I’m in the process of setting up a store.  I’ve configured Paypal Standard via the Sandbox, and I believe everything is configured correctly i the backend.  I noticed some weird behaviour though.

On a normal checkout, the paypal payment works fine - everything goes through, which leads me to believe that it’s configured correctly.

However, when I do “Ship to Multiple Addresses”, Paypal disappears as a payment method!

Has anyone seen this and can anyone offer suggestions on how to fix this?

I’m running Magento 1.1.3 and my store URL is hugcards.com.au if you want to see this behavior in action.

Thanks,
Julian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Unluckypixie

Total Posts:  4

I believe paypal express cannot be used for multiple addresses (according to the somewhat out of date screencast), but I think paypal direct can.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

cuteseal

Hi dave,

Is paypal express = paypal standard?

If this is correct, I wonder what the technical reason for this is? Surely the multi shpping module can’t be released to live stores with such crippled functionality?

Has anyone else got this to work?

Thanks,
Julian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stephen Chu

Total Posts:  16
Bedford, MA

I am surprised to see that Paypal Standard missing in multiple addresses checkout. The user guide only mentions this in Paypal Express.

Is this a limitation on Paypal’s side or just a bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cuteseal

I took a look at the code, and for the multiple shipping, paypal standard is commented out.  I uncommented it and it shows up as an option, but when I tried to do a checkout, it’s broken - the callout to paypal doesn’t return properly.  Oh well, I’m sure there’s a technical reason behind it…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community