Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple domain, multiple store, multiple user setup

Steven Day

Total Posts:  1

I have 6 different sites/domains.  These are completely unique and unrelated to each other.  They all have unique stores, categories, products, and user roles.

I want to install a single installation of Magento, and have that one installation manage all of these sites/stores.

I think I have a handle on this for the most part, but the user permissions is blocking me at the moment.

How do I setup a user, so that when they login, they only have access to their store?  I know how to define thier roles, but where do I assign which store they have access to?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

Steven Day - 26 August 2008 06:05 AM

I have 6 different sites/domains.  These are completely unique and unrelated to each other.  They all have unique stores, categories, products, and user roles.

I want to install a single installation of Magento, and have that one installation manage all of these sites/stores.

I think I have a handle on this for the most part, but the user permissions is blocking me at the moment.

How do I setup a user, so that when they login, they only have access to their store?  I know how to define thier roles, but where do I assign which store they have access to?

Setting roles on a per store basis is not possible to do. I have not seen this mentioned any where on the roadmap either. If you want this feature your best bet will be to develop it yourself or pay someone to develop the feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wwozn

Total Posts:  2
Poland / Warsaw

I’m not sure, becouse I don’t use it, but in my opinion it can be switched here:
yourdomain/index.php/admin/system_config/edit/section/customer/
option: Share Customer Accounts

Magento Community
Magento Community

jdegrave

Total Posts:  17

Steven - I would like to know the answer to this as well.  I will be selling products for individuals who (if I understand the Magento structure) will each have their own “store”.  That said, I too will need to limit their access to only their store, and only certain features within that store.  That May Also solve the problem I have for User updatable content…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

jdegrave - 28 August 2008 07:07 AM

Steven - I would like to know the answer to this as well.  I will be selling products for individuals who (if I understand the Magento structure) will each have their own “store”.  That said, I too will need to limit their access to only their store, and only certain features within that store.  That May Also solve the problem I have for User updatable content…

You can not limit someones access on the admin side on a per store basis. If you give someone access to orders in the roles then that person will be able to see the orders for all stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jdegrave

Bummer… I was hoping you could set up a user profile allowing them access to just one store.  This is something I really need a product to do.  Thanks for your feedback…

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalqlate

Total Posts:  26

jdegrave - 28 August 2008 07:35 AM

Bummer… I was hoping you could set up a user profile allowing them access to just one store.  This is something I really need a product to do.  Thanks for your feedback…

Same here. When using a shared catalog, it would be nice to designate administration responsibility on a per store basis, meaning that each admin would only see and interact with activity on their assigned store(s).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alex Szasz

Total Posts:  21
Romania

This would also be helpfull if you have multiple product managers (each with his/her own user) and don’t want the too see/edit/delete each others products/categories/sales and so on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jdegrave

How difficult would it be for someone to create an extension to allow this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

QuattroPorte

Total Posts:  19

I ran into this limitation as well and was quite disappointed not to be able to set up roles such as “Order Manager”, “Content Manager”, “Product Manager” etc. on a per store basis.
Coming from many years of developing on the “Interchange” platform, this seemed like a must have for an application such as Magento :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community