Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I create categories that only show up when in that section of the site? 

jrutter

Total Posts:  24

So I have two different layouts for the magento site from within categories. The site is a makeup site, so you can either browse by brand or by type of product.

So there is a category called brands - from within that category you will see all of the brands, then each product line within each brand line.

Then you can also browse by product type, so for example skin care, then lotion and you see all of the lotions.

So if a user clicks on brands, I want only the brands navigation to show, but if he/she clicks on product type, I only want that to show. Is that hard? Is it easy to create a dynamic category layout sort of like that?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community