I have heard great things about Megento but need a few questions answered before I make the leapâ¦ For simplicity, I am including all my questions in one thread so I hopw no-one mindsâ¦
1) I understand that downloadable products are not currently supported. Do you have an eta for this feature (weeks, a couple of months, a year out, more?). My business is based on the downloadable product and will be going live within the next couple months so this in an important one.
2) Can Magento do âsuggestive sellingâ? What I mean is can it make product recommendations (or random selections) based upon a users selections during their visit or by the history of thier purchases?
3) Can I embed a video or MP3 player in the site to demo music or videos? If so, can I stream these (or use HTTP buffering)?
4) In the future I will need to support subscription services (year or two down the road)? Is this in the plans for this product or would I at a minimum be able to modify Magento enough to support this?
5) How âlocked inâ to a page format am I? Can I position the navigation bar in a different location, utilize two (or one) columns instead of three, etcâ¦
6) Will I be able to implement user updateable content (can I program in fuctionality to allow the upload of photos, background information, etc...)â¦
Sorry for the multiple questions but these are important things I need answered so I can get my business rolling. My hosting service offers carts from other vendors that allow some of this but are difficult to work with. Magento, on the surface, appears to be able to address most of my concerns without having to develop a completely custom solution from scratch. I already have mockups of my site so I am hoping to integrate my design into the Magento framework.
I anxiously await your replyâ¦
Best regards to all!