Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Made new Theme, but Checkout doesen’t work

Azuu

Total Posts:  12

Hello,

I’m new to magento and i’d like to know where’s the problem, when I’m headed to checkout ... filled in addressing info and click next...nothing happens...only next tab changes color slightly. I try to go again and click on the changed color tab and click next form there....nothing happens....I can’t get to step 3?

What do i have to check to ensure that files responsible for checkout are there or somekind of tags etc?

I copied all default files and started to modify 1column.phtml and other files.

Thanks in advance,
Azuu

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Azuu, the best advice I can give you is to go back to the original (the default or modern theme) - make sure that everything works as expected. If you don’t yet have it installed get firebug for firefox. Under the net tab make sure that all components - especially javascript - get loaded.

Only then start with your customisations step by step and see where it breaks.

Another gotcha is if you have started copying a theme intended for Magento 1.0 and then upgrading to 1.1. Since there were lots of changes in that upgrade in the checkout part, we decided to redo the customisation completetly for the checkout.

good luck

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community