Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Vendor Purchase Orders and Inventory Management

neosapience

Total Posts:  1

Are there plans to implement these? Here’s what I’d like to see -

Generation of stock purchase orders for vendors based on reorder points, minimum order quantities, etc…

The ability to receive POs and have them automatically update the inventory quantities and fill back orders.

Magento is great for small businesses, but if you have a large inventory, it’s almost impossible to keep keep the storefront up to date…

Oh, I found this thread that seems related to this, but it’s was posted in a strange place -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9893/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Alex Szasz

Total Posts:  21
Romania

I agree. This is a feature that you take magento one step closer to become the perfect solution for small businesses.

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt718

Total Posts:  8

Does anyone know if this is any closer to development, or if it si something we should build on our own and put into the connect portal?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

Can you explain what you want to see and be able to do more clearly?  I’m thinking of taking on this project in my spare time.  I think our small business could also use it.

-Jay

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community