Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

pdo_mysql must be loaded (it is installed and still won’t work)

NicClimer

Total Posts:  1
Dallas, Texas

I have installed PDO onto my linux box.
added pdo_mysql.so

Restarted the server and PHP

My install is Stalled:
- - - - - - - -

PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded
Please set required permissions before clicking Continue

- - - - - - - - -

I have been looking forward to this testing for months.
Can anyone let me know what i need to do

Here is some info about my server.
http://www.oliverpecan.com/info.php

if anyone knows how to get around or fix this please let me know.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

NicClaimer,

I had some issues with this as well. Trust me, I was banging my head against the wall because I kept looking at my phpinfo and it listed PDO as installed. Well it is .. just not for Mysql

Thing is.. PDO is installed by default with PHP5, ,just WITHOUT the driver for Mysql. If you’ll look at your PhpInfo file under the PDO details it lists drivers for Sqlite and Sqlite2.  No Mysql.  Mine was the same way.

You need to have PHP5 installed along with the pdo_mysql driver.  And in doing so also add it to your php.ini (as “ extension= pdo_mysql.so —I think u already did that)

The best way for me was to just rebuild PHP5 with pdo_mysql, dom, and all the other necessary extensions .  If you have SSH access to your box, it’s not to hard to do it via the command line , especially if you have Cpanel’s w/ the EasyApache build script.  What type of environment are you working on?  Let me know and I’ll see if I can help you out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community