Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Use custom admin URL

nafnaf1000

Total Posts:  209

Help....

I change the “Use custom admin URL” in the backen and now i have no access to the admin...... anyone know to fix this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

I have the same problem. How can i change the custom admin url BACK to /admin ?? is the data stored in the database or in an xml file?

I changed my url from admin to secure.

Please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

easily renamed it - log into your database, go to core_config_data table, go to the bottom and just change the url back to your old url (without the final extention)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Porter

Total Posts:  4

Andre - 17 September 2008 11:51 PM

easily renamed it - log into your database, go to core_config_data table, go to the bottom and just change the url back to your old url (without the final extention)

I’m having the same trouble… I tried your fix but didn’t have luck.  In fact, I changed all three of the URLs at the end of that table to the original magento path, and tried setting the admin/url/use_custom to 0.  When 0 didn’t work I tried setting it to null.  Unfortunately, none of these changes fixed the problem, because magento seems to be ignoring the direct database change, even over Apache and MySQL restarts.

What am I missing?  Is there a way to manually refresh the configuration information so that it resets?  Flush a cache somewhere or something?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Porter

Total Posts:  4

Never mind!  I fixed it. 

It’s worth noting that whenever you change ANYTHING manually, you MUST delete the contents of /var/, i.e. the cache and session directories, before magento will recognize any of the changes.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vicky

Total Posts:  50

Solution can be found at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/15145/

Magento Community
Magento Community

sashka_ua

Total Posts:  3

May be this can be helpful

Set up magento backend on a separate node

Magento Community
Magento Community

deviantnabeel

Total Posts:  5

TOP URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have a much better case.

I have never setup php. so that way i dont think it makes sense to go to phpmyadmin. I have changed the admin url from System -> Configuration -> ADVANCED -> Admin -> Admin Base URL. Please help. i tried changing the line on the xml file and putting it back. I even cleared the cache.

Sorry i am a freaky nooob. Pllease advice asap.
Thnaks
Mohammed

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community