Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘magento.languages’ doesn’t exist

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the osCommerce Migration Tool forum but am still stuck.  I’ve intalled fresh copies of Magento (latest stable version) and the module (latest beta version), and keep getting this error when I check requirements:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘magento.languages’ doesn’t exist

I can’t even get to the point of being able to import data anymore. I’m trying to do a Dev store on a localhost, using XAMPP (latest version). If I can’t getting running on a Dev server, I can’t make it live. Anyone with any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Wow..no one knows?  Even Varien themselves won’t reply to my email. Oh well. Back to the search for a good cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hoosierweb

Total Posts:  1

Make sure you have the osc db info in and not your magento db

Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

you’re not the only one. im getting the same error when attempting to click “run profile”

the oscommerce database is in fact specified on the ‘general information’ tab. i cannot import any data to my magento install from oscommerce........ this is really preventing me from moving to magento at this time. i remembered roy saying that an oscommerce import utility will be released shortly after the 1.0 release. its already 1.1.4, and still no import tool.................... disappointing that im going to have to spend a lot of time with custom SQL scripts if this isn’t fixed within the next week or so.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jurij Riammer

Total Posts:  12
Leipzig

Same problem here. Sadly disappointed.
Running on Magento 1.1.8

EDIT:
one possible solution could be:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10212/