Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding Sub-Products

d4ufnky1

Total Posts:  27

Hi,

We have products which come in different sizes and each size has a different product code or SKU and therefore a different stock level.

What we would like to achieve is a product page for this product where you can choose which size you require but the sizes have there stock levels assigned to them.

So instead of having small, medium and large attributes for the product we would have a master product with the small, medium and large SKUs assigned to it.

This would intern prevent any orders for coming through for sizes that may be out of stock with our supplier.

Hope this makes sense.

I’m in the process of uploading this to my test server now so forgive me if this feature is available already.

Many Thanks
D4

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

d4ufnky1

Hi,

Sorry for the BUMP but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?

We can achieve this with creloaded just thought it would be possible with magento.

Thanks
D4

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Have you read about configurable products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

d4ufnky1

I have now.

Thank you very much.

I must admit that magento is leaps and bounds ahead in advancements so much so that I would gladly pay for an indepth manual on how to use all it’s features.

Thanks Again
D4

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community