Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Local delivery module

Vilpenstylen

Total Posts:  54

Has anyone here worked out a module for handling local deliveries?

I need work out delivery sort of a thing and I am a bit lost. The basic “logic” would be I think to use the postcode to give the possible dates and times to the customer. Perhaps assign delivery zones and use to postcode to select the correct zone and fetch the available dates and times, so that the customer can only pick the correct ones.

Any ideas, guidance or help?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Lake City, FL

Have you tried http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/create-shipping-method-module?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vilpenstylen

I followed to guide and I now can see a new module called “Carrier Name” in my admin panel. I was a bit puzzled in which system.xml to add the model part, anyways I added it to /magento/app/code/local/Mage/NewModule/etc/system.xml and added the suggested text to fiel Model in the admin panel. That now kills the checkout, it doesn’t go to shipping section and when I click to shopping cart I get this message error:

Warning: include(Mage/NewModule/Model/Carrier/Newmodule.php[function.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 67
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(67): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'include(Mage/Ne...', '/var/www/magent...', 67, Array)
#1 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(67): __autoload()
#2 [internal function]: __autoload('Mage_NewModule_...')
#3 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(714): class_exists('Mage_NewModule_...')
#4 /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php(287): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('newmodule/carri...', Array)
#5 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(169): Mage::getModel('newmodule/carri...')
#6 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(121): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->getCarrierByCode('carrier_name', '1')
#7 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(101): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectCarrierRates('carrier_name', Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#8 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(516): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#9 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php(132): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectShippingRates()
#10 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(569): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address_Total_Shipping->collect(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address))
#11 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(835): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectTotals()
#12 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(327): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->collectTotals()
#13 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(104): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->save()
#14 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Checkout_CartController->indexAction()
#15 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#16 /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#17 /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#18 /var/www/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#19 {main}

I’ve turned off caches. Anyone, plese help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vilpenstylen

Ok, I now have the module visible in both frontend and backend, thanks to ripping one that was in Magento Connect apart. Now in the carrier model, how do I access the postcode/postalcode/zip that has been inserted by the customer?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community