Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Catalog price rules work with Configurable Products

jordan57

Total Posts:  1

We have a lot of configurable products in our store. We want to use the catalog price rules for putting items on sale.

This feature only seems to work with simple products.

What we want is for the customer to see the sale price without having to put in a coupon code in the checkout.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

We want to use the catalog price rules for putting items on sale.

Native to Magento.

What we want is for the customer to see the sale price without having to put in a coupon code in the checkout.

Also native to Magento.
Image Attachments
discount_back.jpgdiscount_front.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

timmle

Total Posts:  72

I am setting up a spectacle site for prescription wearers and the products are set up in the following way;

Configurable Product = Frames (In categories £25,£45,£65,£85)

These configurable Products are full of simple products so they can choose a range of additional things, it was the only way i could achieve the result i needed as not all options came with all the previous options. So what i had to do is create a simple product for every single combination, so it only showed the relevant combinations on selection.

I have three dropdowns in those products;

Dropdown One

Lens Type - Options include price upgrades (4 different options) for instance a different lens costs £60

Dropdown two

Lens Treatmenrs - Options include price upgrade (4-5 different options) for instance a different treament costs £20

Dropdown three

Lens Options - Options include price upgrade (4-5 once again options)for instance a different option costs £40

Each comination of dropdown 1,2 and 3 is assigned a sku number.

There are several different options in each dropdown, but i couldnt have them as standalone products in the catalog, or grouped products as they were specific products.

Now i need to apply a Buy One Get One Free discount on all identical products or pay for the most expensive.

And i need it to work in the following way

Configurable product - (frame) - for instance is £25 (SO IF CUSTOMER PLACES 2 £25 FRAMES INTO CART THEY GET ONE COMPLETELY FREE - IF THEY CHOOSE ONE £65 AND ONE £45 THEY PAY THE MOST EXPENSIVE)

Options

Dropdown one needs to work the same, dropdown two needs to work the same, and dropdown three needs to work the same.

It starts to get slightly confusing because a combination of those 3 options are assigned a SKU, so im guessing you cant do a 2 for 1, on each attribute (not attribute set) as they are all linked.

I was wondering if you could give me some guidance on this, i know it seems quite complex, but if you need any further information i would love to explain it to you. Unfortunately my site is not online yet i am running it locally, and i do not mind paying for your professional time if it isnecessary.

Because on a £25 frame for instance, choosing several options means the £25 increases in price before it is added to cart.

So for instance, the customer chooses a £25 frame, then in option one adds a £10 extra, in option 2 adds a £60 extra and finally in option 3 adds a £10 extra.

This is then set out like this…

Product £25
Option One £10
Option Two £60
Option Three £10

That’s a total price of £105.00

When a customer adds another product i need the buy one get one free to apply seperately to each thing.

So…

If product (frame) is £25 it is free, any more and it is the large amount they pay.

And the same for every option seperately.

Is this possible as they are simple products arranged in a configurable product, because the final price is added to the cart and it is not broken down into step by step.

Please can i have some advice.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community