Magento Forum

customizing the customer attributes and signup page in a module. 

cevian

Total Posts:  2

referring to:http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9620/

How do we do this in a seperate module in local/ space instead of muddying the core code.

The template changes are obvious. Those can be done in your own design space. Well supported.

The app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Entity/Setup.php changes, Are those even neccessary? It seems to work fine without it for me.

The controller changes are the real problem. I see 2 ways to do this without modifying the core controller. Either you create a controller that extends Mage_Customer_AccountController and overwrites createPostAction() and then does a <rewrite> in the config.xml to use the new controller class (is this possible for controllers?). Or you can use event like the customer pre-save event to read the request then? Which method is preferred? does anyone know?

also the $setup = new Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Setup(’core_setup’); code. Should that be put into the sql/*_setup/ files or are those only for sql changes using the installer. If so, should we just put raw sql code to create the entity in there instead of using Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Setup.

I just want to make sure I am developing modules using the right methodology.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community