Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Features of the newsletter application

MuschPusch

Total Posts:  44

Hi community,

what features does the newsletter application have? I looked around in my demo installation and found that it is possible to make templates etc. But is it also possible to add recent products and stuff like that?

regards
Volkan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

You can potentially add whatever you want to these newsletters. This will require some programming and html/css skills.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MuschPusch

Total Posts:  44

Hi Adi,

A couple of questions:

Is there a manual how to insert dynamic content to the template? Something like a monthly newsletter of the ten latest products…

Is it possible to define different recipent-groups?

regards Volkan

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Have you read through this section of the Magento User’s Guide?

Magento Community
Magento Community

angusr

Total Posts:  7

Hi Adi. That link you posted doesn’t show how to add products to the newsletter. Do you mean that you can do anything you want if you hand-code the recent products into the newsletter manually, one at a time?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Johannesburg, South Africa

I would also like the answer to this. I tried to use the same block that I use on the home page i.e:

{{block type="catalog/product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

but this just gives an error because it is trying to find the file in admin, not in the frontend ... so I would like to know a way to show new products so I can get it working without having to manually add one by one. I would also like to be able to add items on special, featured items, etc.

Has anyone got a successfully made newsletter template that we can see?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

I also looked at the newsletter wiki, and it shows how to include a cms block, so I put the code to include new products into the cms block and tried that, but still got an error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul_smit

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

Hope this thread is still alive. I was wondering if the newsletter feature in 1.4 has something like personalized alerts for customers. In example, a customer has bought a product and we know that after an x period of time he / she will need to have that product again. Is it possible to configure this in the newsletter module? Or is there an extension available?

Thanks, Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

paul_smit - 12 April 2010 04:28 AM

Hi,

Hope this thread is still alive. I was wondering if the newsletter feature in 1.4 has something like personalized alerts for customers. In example, a customer has bought a product and we know that after an x period of time he / she will need to have that product again. Is it possible to configure this in the newsletter module? Or is there an extension available?

Thanks, Paul

Take a look at this site: http://www.ez-llc.com/studio/eznewsletter/

I use these guys, they have great service levels, and a brilliant product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community