Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The “Special Price From Date” auto-fill problem

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

My searches aren’t turning up any mention of this on the forum, although I’m sure it’s been brought up before: If you enter a Special Price on a product, but leave the Special Price From Date blank and save, the Special Price won’t show up in the storefront.* When you return to the edit page, the Special Price From Date will have been filled in with the inverse of the date you set it — for instance, I set a few on August 12 that were postdated to activate December 8. To get around it, you only need to make sure you fill in the date with something. But I wonder what the source of the problem is, and if it affects anything else?

*I suppose the Special Price <i>would</i> show up in the storefront if you set it on August 1–7, of course… but then you’d never notice there was a problem!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community