Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Should All Text in a Static Block Link to the Shopping Cart? Help. 

cathyka

Total Posts:  62

I have created a static block to serve as a bio.
All it is is a photo and some text.
I created the block to fall under a category in the catalog so it is being called in through
catalog>category>general information
I selected static block only and then selected the bio block.

But all the text and the image is linking to the cart. Why? I can’t find any code that is wrapping this block in a <a>.

Should it be a managed page and if so how do I call a managed page in the catalog>category>custom design
or should it just be a custom design?

Thanks for you help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ErikKothe

Total Posts:  70
Germany

Have you edit any files? Look for any open <a> Tag. Maybe the cart-template have not close the tag.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cathyka

Total Posts:  62

Thanks so much for the bit of insight. It really helped.  I viewed the page source and found my problem was in the left column.

Here is what I discovered,

The following code was in my catalog.xml file
when I commented it out the problem went away.
Since I inherited this site I am not sure where to start trouble shooting and if I even need it.

<reference name="left">
<block type="core/template" name="left.permanent.callout" template="callouts/left_col.phtml">
<action method="setImgSrc"><src>images/media/col_left_callout.jpg</src></action>
<action method="setImgAlt" translate="alt" module="catalog"><alt>Our customer service is available 24/7. Call us at (800) DEMO-NUMBER.</alt></action>
<action method="setLinkUrl"><url>checkout/cart</url></action>
</block>
</reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community