Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Additional Websites Question

chasquad

Total Posts:  9

Hi all.  I’m not sure which forum to post this question to ... but here goes ...

New to Magento.  I’ve created an additional Website but I don’t know how to navigate to the home page of the new site?  I looked in the file manager and do not see that a new folder was created for the site.  Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

I created a new folder with .htaccess and modified index.php per the tutorial (http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part1/), but when I go to mynewdirectory/index.php, it’s just the regular home page for my regular site. I’ve changed the CMS homepage of the new website under config, but it doesn’t change, no matter what kind of creative key combinations I try for a fuller-than-full refresh.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Lake City, FL

Did you change your Mage::run() into Mage::run(’website_code_goes_here’, ‘website’)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Incorrectly, I think, with just the code. I know what the website code is, but what do I put where you have ‘website’? Just the word website?

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Lake City, FL

Yup, the second argument tells it what type the first argument is.

You could use

// Default Website, Default Store Group for website, Default Store View for group
Mage::run();
or
// Specific Website, Default Store Group for website, Default Store View for group
Mage::run('website_code_or_id''website');
or
// Specific Store Group, Infers Website from Group,  Default Store View for group
Mage::run('store_group_id''group');
or
// Specific Store View, Infers Store Group from Store View, Infers Website from Group
Mage::run('store_code_or_id''store');

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Wonderful! Thank you, Lee. Since my second website is located in a subdomain of my main website, what do I need to change in my configuratiion to get a home page to appear? I read a post you made here (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18729/#t63530) about the Default web url, and I wonder if I need to change that. The base URL is the main directory, but is that what this URL is based on? I tried ../cms and http://fullpath.com/cms, but neither made any change.

If it helps, I’m working here at the moment:
http://halfoffdepot.com/crazy/index.php/

...and getting the error,
There was no Home CMS page configured or found. 

...and sometimes, if I change the Default web url, getting the error,
There was no 404 CMS page configured or found.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Lake City, FL

Your problem is that literally, ‘no Home CMS page configured or found’.  Magento is trying to load a CMS page named ‘home’, but you haven’t created one for your secondary site

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Oh, I see. But in the next setting, where I select which of the CMS pages will be the Home page, I have selected from the dropdown a page called new-hod, which does exist but isn’t being loaded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Lake City, FL

You can use a single CMS page named home for every website/store view you have, you just have to TELL the page that it is valid for a give Store View.

When you edit the cms page, on the first tab you have a select box for Store View.  Make sure the page you want to show in a given store view is visible in that store view

You can only have one page with a given name available in a store view.  So you can have 5 pages named ‘home’ as long as each one is attached to a different store view.

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

I understand now! I was overlooking such a simple detail — that CMS pages have to be enabled for specific store views (the selection box doesn’t appear anywhere in admin when you only have one store view, so it’s difficult to guess where I’ll need to look for them now). I’ve applied what you recommended and it’s all working just as it should be. I can’t thank you enough, Lee, for your help and patience.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community