Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wishlist Modifications

designinside

Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone, I am new to Magento and am attempting to create a tool for my interior design company.  Basically I need to specify a bunch of products (and their prices) for my clients and present them to my client in some sort of report that can be printed out or put into a PDF.  I’ve searched high and low at CRM’s, Custom Tools, Wikis, Blogs, other eCommerce solutions, and I think Magento has just about everything I need to accomplish this AND tie it all into an order system.  Where I am running into a roadblock is figuring out a way to display these products in a logical manner to my customers.

My thought is to create a customer for each of my clients where they will have a Wishlist (or multiple wishlists for each room when that feature is available) of products, or maybe an order.  The requirements I have are:
1.) I would like some way to group the items by room (living room, dining room, foyer, etc.), this should be seperate from the normal categories
2.) I would also like a way to change the display order of the wishlist (e.g. display a lamp, the table the lamp goes on, then the rug), I am fine with having a custom attribute that I can type the number in and sort by that field (I just don’t know how to do that).
3.) I need some way of printing off this list with the product name, price, tax, s&h;and the product image.  Printing this report in a PDF would be ideal, but a standard web page that I could print off would be fine as well.  The shared wishlist email template looks close, I would just need to modify it to display different attributes (I just don’t know how to do that either).  Follow this link for a sample of my report: http://www.designinsidechicago.com/images/productlist.jpg
4.) Finally, some way of taking all of these wish list items and add them to an order sheet.  This functionality is already in place, so this shouldn’t be much of an issue.

My hope is that someone can guide me in the correct direction because I am lost.  Is this something that can be done with Magento in it’s current state?  Or, should I hold off until the multiple wishlists are available, which would lead me to believe that I would only need to figure out #2 and #3 in my list above.  If this is possible, how do I do it?  If I am completely heading in the wrong direction, or if you have a fresh look on the topic, please let me know.

Thank you all for the help, I have been racking my brain over a way to create a solution over the past 2 months and I think I am so close to finding something, I just need a little guidance.

Take care…

- Bill

Image Attachments
productlist.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community