Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Do I Add a Page of Thumbnails Subcategories in Categories? 

cathyka

Total Posts:  62

I know I should be able to figure this out. But I am just starting to wrap my head around this after reading the designers guide.

I have a category “Art by shape” and Three Subcategories “vertical”, “horizontal” and “square”.
How do I have a page that displays all thumbnails by shape. I guess I need to create a block for each and place it in the category page. But what should the code look like?

Thanks in advance for all you help.

Cathy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cathyka

Can someone maybe (please) just point me in the right direction. I have been working on this all morning and have gotten nowhere. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

check this out:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5026/

In the admin > categories. you can see ‘add (or insert) image’, this is where you insert your thumbnail.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cathyka

Thank you Thank you that is all I needed. Kind of. I really wanted to display all the products in all the categories. But this was a nice simple solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community