Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable To Edit Attribute Sets after installing 0.6.13700

Zander

Total Posts:  15

I have filed this as a bug report here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1041

Editing Attributes worked fine for the previous Magento release when using exactly the same server setup and this issue appeared both after upgrading and after a fresh install.

I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem or if it was just me as it seems to be quite an important issue and I am having trouble pinning down exactly what is causing it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I can’t reproduce this problem, could you paste the javascript error you have ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zander

Thank you for your feedback. Since this appears to be specific to my setup I will document as best I can exactly what I am doing:

I am running Linux (Centos 4)

To get ready for a clean install I Drop The Database, Recreate The Database and Clear Root Directory

I then download magento-0.6.13700.tar.gz (light) and then un-tar it using the -xzvf parameters

On visiting http://domain.com I am presented with the installation process.

I install Magento without error and set my locale to UK, timezone to Europe/London and currency to British Pounds Sterling

The very first thing I do after installation is go to the back-end, login and go to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attribute Sets

I then select “Default” which is the only Attribute Set available after a clean install

It takes a long time for the “Edit Attribute Set” page to display (over one minute) and as soon as the page displays Firefox shows that 4 Javascript errors have occurred.

The four errors (in order) are:

Invalid property - js/extjs/ext-tree.js (line 62)
Ext is not defined - js/extjs/ext-tree-checkbox.js (line 5)
Ext is not defined - admin/catalog_product_set/edit/id/9/ (line 745)
Ext is not defined - admin/catalog_product_set/edit/id/9/ (line 53)

It appears that the second, third and fourth error are only caused as a result of the first (invalid property) error.

I have just noticed that if I visit the “Manage Categories” page then the same thing happens - It takes a long time for the page to display and when it does display I am presented with the same “Invalid Property” Javascript error (line 62 or ext-tree.js) followed by three “Ext is not defined” errors.

This problem seems to be with the ext-tree.js file which I notice is the only Javascript file that has had its white-space removed. I have seen issues caused by minimising Javascript before where the Javascript file ends up with a different character set. Could it be a problem cause by the process you use to strip the white-space form the ext-tree.js file? Is this file available without the white-space stripped so I can try it?

As I have already mentioned, editing attribute sets was working fine with the previous Magento release so this appears to be specific to 0.6.13700

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zander

PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD

It appears that although this issue looked like a problem with the Magento distribution it was in fact a bug in my web server that caused the ext-tree.js to be truncated. This has now been resolved and I have added a comment to the bug report accordingly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community