Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to have Magento remember the selected store view on frontend? 

ylibrach

Total Posts:  78

I’ve created a few separate store views which are working fine on the frontend. When I click on a different store view in the drop-down box on the home page, Magento correctly switches the view. However, as soon as I navigate to another page (for example, a product page), the store changes back to Main Store and I’m back at the old view. How can I get Magento to remember the store when browsing through the website?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ylibrach

Total Posts:  78

Noone knows the answer to this? The only viable solution I’ve found so far is in System -> Configuration, under the Web tab, to enable ‘Add Store Code to Urls’. However, as the name implies, the store code is now in the URLs which isn’t the best solution. Isn’t there any way for Magento to remember which store is being used without placing it in the URL?

Magento Community
Magento Community

squirrels

Total Posts:  93

I had the same problem, when I made a new install with the sample data it worked perfectly so I kept that one and just swapped the products and categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community