Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I prevent footer text from coming back upon upgrade

jgaris

Total Posts:  3

I know how to remove it manually, but every time I upgrade, the footer text “Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy - Report All Bugs (ver. 1.1.3)” keeps coming back.  Is there any way to prevent that from being overwritten upon upgrade?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AndresSKL

Total Posts:  15
Mar del Plata, Argentina

Hi jgaris,
please, would you please tell me where do you modify the footer? i want to remove it, but i can’t find the right file where it’s located.

TIA,
Andrés.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jgaris

Total Posts:  3

The page I found this on is:
app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html/footer.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

NFN_NLN

Total Posts:  2

jgaris - 20 August 2008 05:51 AM

The page I found this on is:
app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html/footer.phtml

Can’t you clone the default them and then edit the file listed above and delete everything else.

That way it will use your theme and modified footer but fall back to everything else.  When you upgrade the other pages will update but your footer will always be the same?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community