Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Using non-active categories (or attributes?)

buzfortuna

Total Posts:  2

New to this…

Basically, I have a store with 4 main categories (in the main nav). For the sake of ease, let’s just say they’re sweatshirts, t-shirts, polos, and sweaters.

Let’s say I want to have a separate 4 categories that contain the same products (not on the main nav)… again for the sake of ease, let’s just say the other categories are red, green, blue, and white. So obviously a shirt can be categorizes under the “white” category as well as the “t-shirt” category.

And I want to have two separate navigations, the main nav (sweatshirts, t-shirts, polos, and sweaters).... and a second navigation somewhere else (red, green, blue, and white).

How can I do that? I might be making this overly complicated… (do I use attributes?)

The design process with Magento is awesome I just don’t really grasp the administration.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community