Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

TeraFlex Manufacturing :: Wordpress & Magento duo :: teraflex.biz

tomislavbilic

Total Posts:  69
Osijek, Croatia

Hello,

There is a new Magento store that hit the webspace: TeraFlex Manufacturing
http://www.teraflex.biz/

As the purpose of the site in not primary selling, but also branding and community development, we decided to use Wordpress and Magento combination to accomplish clients goals.

The Magento portion is visible at http://www.teraflex.biz/products/

How do you like the new site?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrbernie

Total Posts:  5
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

I like it! Nice grungey feel to it and everything seems very nicely templated - which as I’ve found out can be quite a daunting task! Good work!

The only thing my eyes picked up were the green font that’s used when you add an item into your cart - just doesn’t seem to fit in with the colour scheme. Maybe a yellow with a better defined ‘tick’ icon? Just throwing ideas in the air.

Magento Community
Magento Community

branko_ajzele

Total Posts:  35
Croatia

Lot of work put into it. Nice to see it up and running smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

R22B

Total Posts:  76

We are in the same industry and I just so happened to go to the website a like two days after you guys launched it.

Website is fantastic looking!

Magento Community
Magento Community

webwench

Total Posts:  12

Hey, I saw your post on WordPress too - I’ll echo what I said there - GREAT work! On both apps - WP and Magento. You inspired me to download it again, as a matter of fact! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

plazebo

Total Posts:  2

Veeery nice! Best totalt solution I’ve seen! Is the pdf catalogue integrated/imported from the Magento products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomislavbilic

Osijek, Croatia

Thanks guys for the comments.

@webwench
Thanks, I did see your comment on Wordpress forum.

@plazebo
Unfortunately, the pdf catalog is not an integrated solution, but that would be a nice add-on for the Magento. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

R22B

Total Posts:  76

Did you all use LazzyMonks integration for Wordpress or did you happen to do it all inhouse?  We’re looking to do the same approach with Magento and WordPress

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomislavbilic

Osijek, Croatia

Hi R22B,
We didn’t use that integration as it seemed a little unfinished.

The site has 2 administration areas. Integration is done partly through RSS and party to direct database queries, depends on the section. Although looking very similar, the site uses two themes: Wordpress and Magento one.

To do something like this, you’ll need both Magento & Wordpress experts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Very nicely done!

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Tomislav Bilic - 02 September 2008 10:56 AM

The site has 2 administration areas. Integration is done partly through RSS and party to direct database queries, depends on the section. Although looking very similar, the site uses two themes: Wordpress and Magento one.

To do something like this, you’ll need both Magento & Wordpress experts.

I really like how your site integrates and wanted to do something similar. It seems fairly straightforward.
Do you use a static front page in Wordpress and have Wordpress .htaccess file in the root? It seems like there needs to be something added to make the two .htaccess files play nicely together.  It appears that an important part is removing most of the links in the Magento portion.
Can you tell us what’s working for you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brakk

Total Posts:  29

Looks nice, but I have one suggestion. You should check to see if the user has javascript disabled. I use a firefox plugin called noscript which disables javascript by default and when I went to your home page, it loads all of the jeep photos at once and you have to scroll way down before seeing any content.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomislavbilic

Osijek, Croatia

joyously - 22 October 2008 09:25 AM

I really like how your site integrates and wanted to do something similar. It seems fairly straightforward. Do you use a static front page in Wordpress and have Wordpress .htaccess file in the root? It seems like there needs to be something added to make the two .htaccess files play nicely together.  It appears that an important part is removing most of the links in the Magento portion.
Can you tell us what’s working for you?

Hello joyously,

This reply comes a little outdated, I know. wink
In this project, Magento portion is at the folder: http://www.teraflex.biz/products/
The root and everything else is actually a Wordpress. There are some integrations on various places, but the Magento .htaccess file is in the separate folder, so there are no issues there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

@Tomislav
Well thanks, but that much was very obvious just looking at your page.
I have implemented it myself now and I actually don’t understand why the rewrites work. I didn’t make any changes to the htaccess files for either WordPress or Magento. I have each in their own directory and told WordPress to control the root (like yours is).  It works even though it says that if the file or directory doesn’t exist (that’s most of the URLs) to give it to the WordPress index.php to handle.  I guess it stops checking at the first directory since it hands off the Magento URLs (which all start with its subdirectory) to Magento correctly.
Who knew?

Magento Community
Magento Community

laurent

Total Posts:  75
Paris, France

Hi,

Great work. That’s funny, I’ve just finished a Magento store for a Teraflex french dealer: http://www.teraflex.fr/

Just a remark: in your website, description and keywords are still Magento defaults:

<meta name="description" content="Default Description" />
<
meta name="keywords" content="Magento, Varien, E-commerce" />

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community