Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

questions for the devs

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

YoavKutner - 05 August 2008 05:20 PM

The core team is in the process of improving the DataFlow module ... and here at Varien we are working on creating the next version of DataFlow.

I know nobody likes to give ETA or exact features around here, but I really am on the verge of dumping Magento purely because of how broken DataFlow is. How close are you guys to complete on the DataFlow upgrades? (Next couple of patches? Year’s end maybe?) What does the next version include?

Will configurable products finally import correctly?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

bumping the thread to see if i can get a response

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

I’d like to know too.
My client is pressing me to have the products loaded, but I’m running into all kinds of troubles trying to figure out how to get them in there, working, without manual editing (I’d never get it done that way).

I’m about to give up on Magento and switch to one of the other shopping carts like Volusion or 3Dcart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

style118

Total Posts:  22

do varien guys even read the forums anymore?

Magento Community
Magento Community

evdat

Total Posts:  35
Carthage, MO

In the question and answer video, Roy stated that he reads every forum post. Now… unless there is a bug that is causing him not to get a list of every single forum post, he’s probably reading them. Granted… reading and replying are two completely different actions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

reading and replying are two completely different actions

Very much true.

How close are you guys to complete on the DataFlow upgrades?

This is in the works and no timeframe is currently available for release. We hope to have it ready as soon as possible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

internezzo ag

Total Posts:  17
Switzerland

Same problems here.
Customer needs us to import lots of products but DataFlow is undocumented, slow, buggy and simply not finished.
Since importing is absolutely crucial, we hope it’s a number one priority for Varien!

Regards
Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

coronac

Total Posts:  50
Florida

joyously - 27 August 2008 04:00 PM

I’m about to give up on Magento and switch to one of the other shopping carts like Volusion or 3Dcart.

Magento is very promising and has a lot of possibilities, however it would be reckless to offer it to you clients at this stage. Its obvious that Magento still in the early development stage with a lot of bugs and errors.

Save time (money) and headaches and offer your clients a more robust solution like Volusion.

Until then, we the early adapters will keep playing with Magento to entertain our minds.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community