Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Tax does not display

bobmeetin

Total Posts:  10

This seems so simple but I cannot get the tax to display during checkout.  I just installed 1.1.3 with the demo products/merchandise.  I set up a couple tax zip codes for Colorado (80000 and 80516) with some sample high tax rates.  I deleted the default California and New York rates, so only these 2 exist.  I set the tax to be based upon shipping address.

I set up a customer who lives in one of these zip codes, then went through the cart, got signed in as 80516 user, but it does not show in the subtotal / cart summaries. 

Is there a FAQ page or tutorial that identies the steps to make this work?

Thx, Bob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

paragon_chase

Total Posts:  19

did you create tax rules for the zip codes?
you have to set those up as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobmeetin

Total Posts:  10

It is working now and here are the steps.  Under:

Manage Tax Rules

There is a rule “Retail Customer-Taxable Goods-Rate 1”

Under Customer Tax Class* there is only Retail Customer which is highlighted.
Product Tax Class* lists, default, Taxable Goods and Shipping, with Taxable Goods highlighted.
Under Tax Rate* are my two rates for 80516 and 80000, however neither is selected.
Priority and Sort Order are set to 1.

I used Control to select both tax rates and it worked.  I’m now being tax at scandalous rates.  Is this the right solution?

Comment - lots of little, easy to miss, steps to tie it together.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paragon_chase

Total Posts:  19

each zip code with it’s own rate will need its own rule created.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community