Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Recently Vewed Products not showing when logged in as customer

misterMan

Total Posts:  57

So this is a new one to me.

When you’re a guest you can see the recently viewed products just fine. But when you log in as a customer you only get the title box. So it just says Recently Viewed Products on the side. It looks like it gets half way there then doesn’t populate.

I recently upgraded to 1.1.3 and I also went through every area in the Configuration menu under Admin>System>Config and fine tuned that. I thought maybe it was “Use categories path for product URLs” or something else I did in there. I really don’t know and haven’t been able to fix it.

I am running PHP 5.2.6 Apache 2 and MySQL 5.0.51. Using Default Demo Theme.

Anyone have any idea? Or experience this themselves? gulp

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

misterMan

Bump.

Anyone know if and how this issue might be related to JavaScript? I recently installed the Lightbox v2. Hmmm just a thought. Anyone?

How is the Recent Products called when in logged in mode? Anywhere I can start? Is it calling from a different file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

misterMan

Bumpy bump

Magento Community
Magento Community

LL

Total Posts:  47

Old thread I know, however, I am having the exact same issue with v1.1.6.

Any help would be most appreciated!

LL

Edit:
Seems to work on a different computer. Not sure what’s different, I’ve cleared all my cookies several times but nothing seems to resolve this issue. Any ideas?

Edit:
Actually there seem to be lots of bugs with this feature for logged in users! As originally mentioned, for me it doesn’t display anything but the ‘Pecently Views Products’ title, for others where it does show some recently views products, however…

1. The list is not the same as the list before you were logged in. This may be how it meant to be but it’s confusing for people.
2. For logged in customers, the list updates only for some products and not for others, and for those it does it does so in a very strange and seemingly random order.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community