Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do you search the forums? 

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I hate to ask such a basic question, but I cannot find any search function for the forumns. Seems I have used it in the past and had problems finding it then.  Is there one? Is it right in front of my nose?  I really cannot find it and hope to save some time by searching other threads for problems I have etc.  Please help, it must be right in front of me, and just not seeing it.
Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Top left of every page! With the tabs you can filter the results by area (wiki, blog, forums) etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

ROTFL I knew I was blind.  Thanks. Guess its up too high for my eyes or something. Too easy!! Thank you. Maybe I will actually remember now.  Its just way to obvious. LOL

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

better search is:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/search

They keep it hidden for some reason rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Thanks, that does look good. Not sure why so many mulitple entries of things though, like Bugs, Feature Reqs etc. But a good way to search the general forum or forums that we use here. I have bookmarked it. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Also if you make sure you include the word AND between your search terms it helps a lot.  Otherwise it’s not a very intelligent search funciton. Try searching for any topic with “image” without using the word AND ... yikes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Or just use Google with a specially formatted site search like so. (Edit: Magento boards format the code and break the link) You can just go to Google and search:

keyword site:www.magentocommerce.com/boards

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Very interesting JT. Thank s for that info. I like that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

beau

Total Posts:  50

Is there any place that tracks all of your replies, without subscribing to every thread you’ve posted in?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

beau - 23 September 2008 03:34 AM

Is there any place that tracks all of your replies, without subscribing to every thread you’ve posted in?

I thought it should be in your profile page, but if you click on your name at the bottom of the forum (if you agreed to show your name there) or in one of your posts, you’ll get to a page that has all your information, including a link for all your posts.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community