Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer customizable products

Xiano

Total Posts:  25

I would like to set up a solution similar to web-blinds.  For example if you goto:
Web-Blinds
You can then set a width and drop and it will give a price, can magento do this, or would i have to provide a dropdown with 10cm-50cm, 51cm-100cm for both drop and width?  It would be much prefered to do it almost identically to web-blinds as then we would have the information on hand to allow manufacturing to immediately start the process without having to contact the customer again.

Alex

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This functionality is native to Magento. You can do this with Custom Options. Check out this blog post and video.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiano

Total Posts:  25

Thank you for your prompt reply, but looking at Custom Options I don’t think that actually fulfils what I need.

As I understand it with custom fields, if I set a text box it applies an extra price if they fill the box and not if they don’t, it doesn’t take the value and do a calculation.

What I need is a way for it to take that value and add say £5 if it is between 1m and 1.5m and add £10 if it is between 1.5m and 2m etc.

I know I could do that with drop downs, but I also need to collect the actual measurement so that if the customer orders the blind can be made with their specified width and drop.

If you look on the link I provided and put in various values, you will see if you put in a small blind size it will be cheaper than if you put in a large blind size.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This added functionality will require customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community