Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Solution for the Attribute Label issue: bug Issue #6238

tackmann

Total Posts:  13

Two weeks ago I documented a bug that affects the way attribute labels show up in frontend view within the layered navigation as well as on the product pages. All attributes does show up with their default labels only! In version 1.3 of Magento the issue is sill not solved. As this function is obviously needed to use Magento in production environments with multiple languages I found a working fix for that issue (only two minor changes):

1. to fix the labels on the product pages:

open app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/View/attributes.php and change line 52 to:

'label' => $this->__($attribute->getFrontend()->getLabel()),

2. to fix the labels used as filters in the layered navigation:

open app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/layer/view.phtml and change line 44 to:

<dt><?php echo $this->__($_filter->getName()) ?></dt>

Have a nice day using magento with multiple languages wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

StockMania

Total Posts:  56

Wonderful works like a charm.

Thank you !
Maxim

Magento Community
Magento Community

fanchlelay

Total Posts:  2

Doesn’t seem to work for me.
I have 1 website, 1 store, 2 store views (French and English). Using Mage 1.1.3
Admin labels are displayed in layered nav and product pages even after changing the code as above....
Any ideas why???

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community