Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

pricing rules based on consumers

Jim Hart

Total Posts:  2

First of all i wish the magento developers/community all the best with this great upcoming product.

Lets get to business..
For a shop we want to create custom prices for individual clients, i.e.:

product X retails for 14,99 (standard catalog price) but for client Z the price will show as 12,75 because there is a specific price calculated based on a specific rule (standard catalog prize * 0.85) that’s only valid for client Z.

I know this can be achieved with the coupon engine but i want the shop to display the altered prices beforehand and not when the are in the basket and after filling out the coupon.

So in short specific prices for special customers (no groups)

Thanks in advance

Jim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Actually you should be able to do just that using the catalog price rules. The special prices should appear after the customer logged in.

Please let me know if you have any issues or if this is not working as suggested.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jim Hart

Thanks for the swift reply.

Catalog pricing rules could do the trick, but i dont find any customer information in there like ‘customer id’ or ‘customer name’ only the product attibutes.

I’ll shall rephrase.
Where do i define a custom price for one product for one specific customer that shows in the ‘online catalog’ (and not calculated in the shopping cart) and is not based on a voucher/coupon code.

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

The only way to have a price for a single customer is to create a group for that customer. We did not find this to be widely used from our experience without a coupon code. If they are many requests for this we will consider adding this functionality.

thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Jim Hart: Catalog Price Rules also have Customer Groups multi-select option in Rule Information tab, where you can choose which customers will see the promotion. If I understand right your question, this should give you with the flexibility you need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sibble

Total Posts:  24
Philadelphia

/bump for a much needed feature

Magento Community
Magento Community

sully

This feature is needed for our company to use magento. Please reconsider the priority grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

level20peon

We also are in need of this feature. Would be highly appreciated.

-level20peon

Magento Community
Magento Community

Markus Öhler

Total Posts:  4

I concur - this feature is an absolute must for the shop I’m building. Then again ... I found the Mage_SalesRule_Model_Rule_Customer class which seems to go in this direction. Is this feature already in development or am I missing something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

This *is* a needed feature. If anyone has figured it out yet, please post here.

The scenario I want this feature for is a B2B site where the customer has negotiated discounts that are specific to them. The best workaround I could think of was to put price rules specific to a trade customer with a given postcode. As of yet I cannot get this promotion to work! Hence rules per customer_id would be most welcome.

Magento Community
Magento Community

airban

Total Posts:  34

We also need this feature.... badly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Almost!

Folks on this thread want it tied to one particular customer, not a customer group. That is the best it gets with stock Magento and the best workaround is customer group + zip/post code (until the required feature gets added wink ).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Thanks for the thoughts: I think you are right. Originally I was going for a pricing tier for b2b customers, but that has disadvantages and I have gone for price-per-store with a separate b2b store.
Given that many people can order from a given company and that they can have lots of addresses, the ‘as stated’ way of doing it on a customer group is most elegant.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

SOLUTION

I have written a blog post that walks you through how to do exactly what you all describe here via Customer Groups and Catalog Price Rules:

How to Setup Simple Customer Specific Discount Pricing in Magento Commerce

keywords: custom, customer, dealer, magento, online, price, pricing, promotion, catalog, rule, store, wholesale

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webtex_1

Total Posts:  219
Minneapolis, USA

Hi,

Our extension will help you to hide prices for not logged in users and alsomake Tier prices for each customer!
Prices per Customer

Regards, Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community