Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Limit payment method to specific customer groups

sjmadsen

Total Posts:  15

It’s great that Magento offers purchase orders as a payment method, but I don’t want the general public to be able to use it, only customers I have a relationship with already.

It would be wonderful if I could enable a payment method, but limit the customer groups that may use it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

M.S.

Total Posts:  39

important feature

Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

Total Posts:  161
San Diego, CA

Going 1 step further would be to allow specific payment methods and shipping methods per customer group.

It would also be great to allow customers from specific states or zones of a geographical region to use specific methods of shipment. For example, we have customers who place their orders through our current website and then come in and pickup the order in our shop. For this we have a “Customer Pick Up” option during the shipping selection in the cart. This is option is only displayed when the customer is from California though.

Maybe an easy way for this to work in Magento would be to allow each shipping option to have a zip code option. This would only really work for US users, but it might be the easiest way to implement this......you would probably want to be able to enter zip codes like this...... 90210, 90211, 90212 ......or maybe like this...... 90210-90212, 90215

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbunks

Total Posts:  32

Very important if you use Magento to different customer clases.

A greate feature would be >> Upgrade the payment and or shipment methode after X oders.
If somebody needs the feature he can anable or disble is

Eg. A customer is not allowed to by on invoice, just direkt payment COD; Paypal etc. he get the right to pay on invoice after 5 orders.

It is the next step frome magento to a real muliformat shop system B2C B2B

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jono

Total Posts:  36
Sydney

I second this feature, definitely needed for multi-channel selling, without the need to create and maintain multiple storefronts

Magento Community
Magento Community

jvmills

Total Posts:  8

This feature exists as an open source module: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/764/paymentfilter-for-products-and-customer-groups/

Magento Community
Magento Community

miked2004

Total Posts:  214
Atlanta, Georgia

I am releasing a module to do just this. Just waiting on Magento to approve it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbulbs

Total Posts:  22

@Mike D:  we are ready to roll this out for one of our projects and would like to know what features your module has from the one posted above.  Just trying to gauge if we should wait to implement yours.  Any guess on when it will be approved?  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbulbs

Thx Mike, see your approved extension at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/miked2004/extension/5520/sharpdot_sharppaymentsbycustomergroup - going to install and test today - will let you know.

Thx again

Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Another option (paid though) is Shipping & Payment By Customer Groups.  The extension allows to flexible control payment as well as shipping methods depending on customer groups.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbulbs

@Amasty - took a look at your link and followed the demo.  Upon logging in, I did not readily see an area to modify/review payments by customer group

@miked2004 - reviewed your offering, thx.  Tested and it worked as expected, however, having the administration of the options under the system tab put it as a distance.  This module - http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/764/paymentfilter-for-products-and-customer-groups/ - we also reviewed and end the end decided to go with simply because the admin was right on the Customer Groups page - very easy to move and it was more intuitive for our client.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

tbulbs - 24 January 2011 12:32 PM

@Amasty - took a look at your link and followed the demo.  Upon logging in, I did not readily see an area to modify/review payments by customer group

Just checked the demo - it seems to work normally. Please ‘dial’ System -> Payment/Shipping Methods Access (see attached image) and let me know your opinion. Thanks.

Image Attachments
admin payment and shipping.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbulbs

Looks like you’re logged in as ‘admin’ - per the link, I am logging in with the supplied ‘demouser’ which has almost nothing enabled.

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbulbs

Also, viewing the screen shot, looks like same interface placement as miked2004’s above - under System.  Client and I both agree and like Rico Neitzel’s location better - under Customers | Customer Groups - that way, when creating a new customer group, client does not need to leave and goto System - all done in 1 page/click.  Thanks though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

tbulbs - 24 January 2011 04:42 PM

Also, viewing the screen shot, looks like same interface placement as miked2004’s above - under System.  Client and I both agree and like Rico Neitzel’s location better - under Customers | Customer Groups - that way, when creating a new customer group, client does not need to leave and goto System - all done in 1 page/click.  Thanks though.

Thanks for the suggestion, will keep in mind. Regarding the demo, yep, it’s limited for demouser, however the extension functionality should still be accessible (see the screen, this time I’m logged in under demouser).

Image Attachments
demo payment-shipping.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

RedDotDev

Total Posts:  4
Boulder, Colorado

Old topic, but found another extension for this:
http://www.reddotdevelopment.com/store/extensions/magento-payment-methods-by-customer-group-extension

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community