Magento Forum

Can Navigation Layer Cache be updated from the command line? 

batman

Total Posts:  8

When I attempt to update the Navigation Layer Cache the update fails after 60 seconds of exection time. 

My catalog has approximately 5800 products, 180 manufactures and 140 categories.

I have set the max_execution time to 120 and verified the setting using phpinfo.  There are no errors in the web server logs indicating what happend, the process just stops and the browser shows a “500 Internal Server Error”

In the magento/var/cache directory there are directories named mage--0 thru 9 and mage--a thru f and when I view the catalog, the Layered Navigation only shows manufactures with names begining with A thru F, so it appears this is as far as the cache building gets.

I’ve got a ticket open with my hosting provider (bluehost) to see if anything can be done on the server side.

Is there a way to refresh the cache from the command line instead of through the webserver?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I’m looking for a solution as well. What’s interesting is when I kick off a refresh and on another tab, I go to the live site and bring up a category to view and hit refresh every few moments. You can see the layers being rebuilt, but then they disappear again - over and over. Maybe there’s there’s some kind of logic error in there somewhere. I have caching disabled during the process.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community