Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add additional information to an attribute, such as adding RGB info to a “color” attribute

Del Fondente

Total Posts:  28

I have a few “complex” attributes that I would like to set up the in Magento in the “right way” as much as possible. For example, I’d like to have a “color” attribute in which I can assign not only the name of the color (which is simple with Magento’s existing attribute system) but also assign an RGB value so that when the attribute is displayed in the frontend, I can use that RGB value. What is the recommended method to do something like this? I found this thread that discusses something similar to what I’m requesting, and I’m wondering if the method described there is considered the best approach, or if there is a better way to do this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community