Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A simple menu

Clicker

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
All I want is to add a simple menu at the top of my magento site, right below the logo, just like in this (nice) example:
http://ajoyfulaffair.com/magento/

With one change: some of my menu entries are not categories or products, but simple cms pages.
Can anyone give me any clues or directions to start?
Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hey,

See this WIKI - it works for other pages, not just HOME. The rest of the top menu is automatically created and populated with your categories.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/add_home_link_to_menu_bar

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Clicker

Total Posts:  8

That is just great!! Thanks so much, just what i needed, it works, and very easy too!

But now I have one more question:
What is the code to put inside the href to call a certain cms page?

And another one, now that I think of it -
Is there an option to add not only main row items to the menu, (like the home, etc’) but drop down items?
Like “Customer Service” and below that “my orders”, “contact us”, “map”, “coupons”, etc ?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Clicker - 19 August 2008 02:56 PM

That is just great!! Thanks so much, just what i needed, it works, and very easy too!

But now I have one more question:
What is the code to put inside the href to call a certain cms page?

And another one, now that I think of it -
Is there an option to add not only main row items to the menu, (like the home, etc’) but drop down items?
Like “Customer Service” and below that “my orders”, “contact us”, “map”, “coupons”, etc ?

Thanks!

something along the lines of

echo $this->getUrl('myCMSpage');

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community