Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modern theme - pulling review content into product page tabs

Rich

Total Posts:  21
London

Hi everyone,

Been struggling with this one for a bit; can’t quite find anything on the forums that fits the bill.

Using the Modern Theme, I want to make some changes to the product page and product page tabs. Namely, I’m looking to:

1. Pull out the “We also recommend” content to permanently appear on the product page (if items are associate at the admin level as per normal)
2. Remove/hide “Product Description” tab
3. Replace it with a new tab - “Product Reviews” - this would show any avaliable product review content that had been generated

I realise this might be a fair amount of customisation, and I’m not really a developer (although I have a reasonable background knowledge) so I’m really hoping someone out there may be able to help!

Please let me know,

Thanks a lot,

Rich

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kframe

Total Posts:  21

I would also love to know how to do this.  Anyone have any ideas??  Thanks in advance!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonasfr

Total Posts:  31

any news on this? would be great!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikoloko

Total Posts:  51
Netherlands

anyone answers?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickahontas

Total Posts:  64
oakland, ca

in your theme, look in layout > catalog.xml and scroll down to where you see

<block type="catalog/product_view_tabs" name="product.info.tabs" as="info_tabs" template="catalog/product/view/tabs.phtml" >
after that line, you’ll see actions… just comment out the action you don’t want, like so
<!--<action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>description</alias><title>Product Description</title><block>catalog/product_view_description</block><template>catalog/product/view/description.phtml</template></action>-->

Hope that helps. Now, if someone could teach me how to hide the reviews tab when no reviews are written....

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickahontas

Total Posts:  64
oakland, ca

To hide Review Tabs when no reviews are available for a product »»» Wiki Article

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community