Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout Page has STOPPED working! Please Help! 

I'm Done

Total Posts:  32

For some reason over the weekend the checkout page has stopped working. No changes were made to this setup for quite a while. What has caused this? I have a very upset store owner on my hands and I need a fix to to this issue. When an order is placed all I get when accessing the checkout page is 2 greyed out boxes that says
1) Checkout method
2) Billing Information

...and that’s it. Either one is clickable. I’m attaching an image to view.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FYI. Still on Magento ver. 1.0.19700 and have not made any upgrades or changes.

Image Attachments
checkout_8454.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Hi, two possibilities

1) check if your template for OPC page has ‘col-right’ class. The class name has changed from ‘side-col’ (or something similiar) to ‘col-right’.

2) OPC script is extremely sensitive to other script. Have you added new JS script to your template? If not, have you had the external script linked to the page from other source such as livechat or merchant seal - chances are, they may upgraded the script over the weekend and it breaks the OPC script.

Magento Community
Magento Community

I'm Done

Hi chinesedream,

Thanks for the reply. I believe I found the problem. It’s this stupid cache management issue. It was my last resort to refresh all cache items and since it threw a timeout error in the admin panel, I did a direct wipeout of all cache files via FTP and then went back and refreshed them through the admin panel...and that seemed to bring my checkout page back. Freakin weird if you ask me. But it seems to be working, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

I'm Done

Problem still arises, however now when I go to check out an item, the error I get is…

SQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1062 Duplicate entry '1168' for key 1

I can’t even get to the “My Cart” page. I cleared out the cache a couple of times, then refresh it in the admin panel and it seems to work just fine when going to checkout. Then I come back about 30 minutes later and it reloads the same problem and cannot checkout??

Also, I saved a backup of my database and reloaded it and is still throwing errors.

Magento Community
Magento Community

I'm Done

Any help on this?????? The cart works some days, then doesn’t other days. This is a joke! I have to keep clearing out the cache both manually via FTP and in the backend of the cart’s system config panel. It seems the cache becomes overwhelmed and needs constant babysitting to work correctly. Even if I disable the cache, problem still comes back. The funny thing is, it’s a different error every time it seems. So then I thought, why not install a new most recent version? (not an upgrade, in which I tried that and it threw all kinds of errors) However, after researching a bit from other people’s comments about just doing a fresh install then importing products and settings over, I find this cannot be done!?! There is no way I’m going to re-enter products into this cart system, it’s just way too slow. This is ridiculous.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I must have encountered at least 10 times that the OPC page stops working, but never ever experience sql error. From the symptom, it doesn’t look like it was caused from OPC, but something else. For example, if you add a product and you setting is re-direct to my cart page, you are seeing the sqlstate error, it maybe something with the product page or checkout.xml page, or even the database itself. Have you tried repair your database? The message is quite clear, that you have a duplicate entry.

I encountered something similar before, but can’t remember how I solved it :( should have more diligent in documenting very step I did troubleshooting my magento problem.

Anyhow, this is what I will look into: First, you did say you had v1.0.197, new phtmls files are introduced in v1.1 and some existing files have changed. In the product page, the add cart button along with prices no longer sit in the view.phtml, instead, they are called from files inside the view folder. 

You don’t need to re-enter products but re-work your view.phtml and maybe checkout.xml and catalog.xml if you did customization on them before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

quinnvanorder

Total Posts:  3

So my checkout seems to be having the same problem… I have attached a screen shot but if you want to go see it for yourself, go to my site (www.burstschocolates.com) and add any product… after clicking proceed to checkout it just goes to this page (see screenshot)

I have tried clearing the cache and all of that jazz, but it absolutely refuses to work, I would really appreciate any help that can be provided

Image Attachments
error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

moeedm

Total Posts:  7

Hey Everyone,

Just came across this as well, got it fixed.

The problem is likely a JavaScript conflict. For me, all I did was move my jQuery code and the script reference to the library into footer.phtml (which is in <b>app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html</b>)

Hope that solves your problem!

Magento Community
Magento Community

captaincaveman

Total Posts:  37

moeedm - 28 August 2009 05:32 AM

Hey Everyone,

Just came across this as well, got it fixed.

The problem is likely a JavaScript conflict. For me, all I did was move my jQuery code and the script reference to the library into footer.phtml (which is in <b>app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html</b>)

Hope that solves your problem!

Hi,

I’m having this same issue listed above but don’t understand where i move the “ jQuery code and the script reference to the library”. What specific script would i need to move?

Thanks for any help!
Hank

Magento Community
Magento Community

captaincaveman

Total Posts:  37

Just solved my problem. It was a memory issue.

Here is the link for more info

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19798/

Magento Community
Magento Community

limasu

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same problem and searched many website to seek for the answer. Finally I got my problem solved. Hope that it will also help you guys to get out of the problem.

The problem is probably because that the memory requirements exceed the default limit. To change the memory limit for one specific script by including a line such as this at the top of the script: ini_set("memory_limit”,"128M");

You can also make this change permanently for all PHP scripts running on the server by adding a line like this to the server’s php.ini file: memory_limit = 128M

Sometimes if you turn off the Cache Storage Management you may face up to this problem too.

Good luck!LOL!
www.vondino.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community