Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Currencies after update are gone

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

I go to system > manage currency and there are no currencies after upgrading to the latest version.

When i go to system > configuration > Currency Setup there are also no currencies. No base currency, default currency or allowed currencies.

can someone point me in the right place to update these. If you know the table in the db they are contained in, i can manually add if needs be.

Cheers
Andre

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Mongolia

so ive checked the database and there is a table called ‘directory_currency_rate’ that has all the currencies in. its not loading in the admin at all tho.

this is an update not a fresh install because i have a load of products that i want to keep and cms pages that ive updated.

Andre

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Andre,
Could you tell me a bit more details on which version and package (light or full one) was installed before, and to what version and package are you upgrading ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Mongolia

Hi Michael,

If memory serves me correctly the previous installation was not the last version, but the one before and it was the FULL install.

I have upgraded to the latest release LIGHT version.

Cheers

Andre

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

For sure, don’t forget to backup all your data first.

Then you can try to replace the content of mysql4-upgrade-0.6.24-0.6.25.php under app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup with the following:

<?php
$this
->startSetup()
    ->
run("
        delete from core_config_field where path='general/local' or path='general/locale/country' or path='general/locale/currency' or path like 'general/local/%';
        delete from core_config_data where path='general/local' or path='general/locale/country' or path='general/locale/currency' or path like 'general/local/%';
        update core_config_field set show_in_website=0, show_in_store=0  where path='general/currency/base';
    "
)
    ->
endSetup();

$this->addConfigField('allow''Locale Settings', array(

'show_in_website'=>0,

'show_in_store'=>0,
));
$this->addConfigField('allow/currency''Currency', array(

'show_in_website'=>0,

'show_in_store'=>0,
));
$this->addConfigField('allow/currency/code''Allowed Currencies', array(

'frontend_type'=>'multiselect',

'source_model'=>'adminhtml/system_config_source_locale_currency_all',

'show_in_website'=>0,

'show_in_store'=>0,
));
$this->setConfigData('allow/currency/code''ADP,AED,AFN,ALL,AMD,ANG,AOA,ARA,ARS,ATS,AUD,AWG,AZN,BAD,BAM,BBD,BDT,BEF,BGN,BHD,BIF,BMD,BND,BOB,BOP,BOV,BRC,BRL,BRN,BRR,BSD,BTN,BUK,BWP,BYR,BZD,CAD,CDF,CHE,CHF,CHW,CLF,CLP,CNY,COP,COU,CRC,CUP,CVE,CYP,CZK,DEM,DJF,DKK,DOP,DZD,ECS,EEK,EGP,EQE,ERN,ESP,ETB,EUR,FIM,FJD,FKP,FRF,GBP,GEK,GHS,GIP,GMD,GNF,GNS,GQE,GRD,GTQ,GWE,GWP,GYD,HKD,HNL,HRD,HRK,HTG,HUF,IDR,IEP,ILS,INR,IQD,INR,IQD,IRR,ISK,ITL,JMD,JOD,JPY,KES,KGS,KHR,KMF,KPW,KRW,KWD,KYD,KZT,LAK,LBP,LKR,LRD,LSL,LSM,LTL,LTT,LUF,LVL,LYD,MAD,MAF,MDL,MGA,MGF,MKD,MLF,MMK,MNT,MOP,MRO,MTL,MTP,MUR,MVR,MWK,MXN,MYR,MZE,MZN,NAD,NGN,NIC,NLG,NOK,NPR,NZD,OMR,PAB,PEI,PES,PGK,PHP,PKR,PLN,PTE,PYG,QAR,RHD,RON,RSD,RUB,RWF,SAR,SBD,SCR,SDG,SEK,SGD,SHP,SIT,SKK,SLL,SOS,SRD,SRG,STD,SVC,SYP,SZL,THB,TJR,TJS,TMM,TND,TOP,TPE,TRY,TTD,TWD,TZS,UAH,UGX,USD,UYU,UZS,VEB,VND,VUV,WST,XCD,YER,ZAR,ZMK,ZRN,ZRZ,ZWD');

$this->setConfigData('general/country/allow''AF,AL,DZ,AS,AD,AO,AI,AQ,AG,AR,AM,AW,AU,AT,AZ,BS,BH,BD,BB,BY,BE,BZ,BJ,BM,BT,BO,BA,BW,BV,BR,IO,VG,BN,BG,BF,BI,KH,CM,CA,CV,KY,CF,TD,CL,CN,CX,CC,CO,KM,CG,CK,CR,HR,CU,CY,CZ,DK,DJ,DM,DO,EC,EG,SV,GQ,ER,EE,ET,FK,FO,FJ,FI,FR,GF,PF,TF,GA,GM,GE,DE,GH,GI,GR,GL,GD,GP,GU,GT,GN,GW,GY,HT,HM,HN,HK,HU,IS,IN,ID,IR,IQ,IE,IL,IT,CI,JM,JP,JO,KZ,KE,KI,KW,KG,LA,LV,LB,LS,LR,LY,LI,LT,LU,MO,MK,MG,MW,MY,MV,ML,MT,MH,MQ,MR,MU,YT,FX,MX,FM,MD,MC,MN,MS,MA,MZ,MM,NA,NR,NP,NL,AN,NC,NZ,NI,NE,NG,NU,NF,KP,MP,NO,OM,PK,PW,PA,PG,PY,PE,PH,PN,PL,PT,PR,QA,RE,RO,RU,RW,SH,KN,LC,PM,VC,WS,SM,ST,SA,SN,SC,SL,SG,SK,SI,SB,SO,ZA,GS,KR,ES,LK,SD,SR,SJ,SZ,SE,CH,SY,TW,TJ,TZ,TH,TG,TK,TO,TT,TN,TR,TM,TC,TV,VI,UG,UA,AE,GB,US,UM,UY,UZ,VU,VA,VE,VN,WF,EH,YE,ZM,ZW');

make your core resource version lower:

update core_resource  set version '0.6.24' where code 'core_setup';

and go to any page.

Let me know if it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Sorry, it should be

update core_resource  set version '0.6.24' where code 'core_setup';

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Mongolia

Michael, you are one hell of a legend right now!!!

Worked perfectly! smile

However, im having one other issue with relation to the cache management update that needs to be run with the new version of M.

I go to system > cache management, check the Refresh Catalog Rewrites, then i get this error msg:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getChildren() on a non-object in /home/Andre/ydnacentral.com/user/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Url.php on line 368

Cheers
Andre

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Hi Andre,

Do you have anything set to be Root category in your store configuration ? Could you check the System -> Configuration -> (Select your store in Current Configuration Scope drop-down) -> go to Catalog tab -> Category section -> Root category drop-down ?

If an empty value is there you should choose something there and save configuration.

Please let me know if it is the issue you have now.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

Sorry but I edited app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup the file mysql4-upgrade-0.6.24-0.6.25.php but I dond know where i must edit

update core_resource set version = ‘0.6.24’ where code = ‘core_setup’;

PLz help me again.

Thanks bro

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Josue4ever: this:

update core_resource set version â€˜0.6.24’ where code â€˜core_setup’;
you run on your database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Mexico DF

Error

consulta SQL:

UPDATE core_resource SET version = ‘0.6.24’ WHERE code = ‘core_setup’

MySQL ha dicho: 
#1054 - Unknown column ‘‘core_setup’’ in ‘where clause’

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Sorry, the forum software converts quotes into weird characters..
copy/paste this:

UPDATE core_resource SET version '0.6.24' WHERE code 'core_setup';

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Mexico DF

Waw men you are like a god. thanks a lot.!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community