Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

which files are associated with the advanced search function? 

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Hi,

Im just making a site which I started on V1 and have now upgraded to v1.1.3.

The search function is working now but was not at first so I uploaded all the V1.1.3 default files for this function and then had to re-customise them to make it work.

Now the advanced search function doesnt work so Im trying to do the same again but am not too sure which files are connected with the advanced search function. I have uploaded all the original files from app>default>default>template>catalogsearch but it still doesnt work so I guess I must be missing some.

Can anyone give me a full list of the files that are assosciated with this function, or does anyone know a fix for this problem?

I know its a customisation issue as I have tried it on another site and that works fine but just done know which file Iv altered

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

found the last file:

app/design/frontend/modifedtheme/modifiedtheme/layout/catalogsearch.xml

replaced that and now it all works

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community