Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Missing Product Options and Default Tax Class? 

kamm

Total Posts:  4

Magento Wiki talks about:
System > Configuration > Catalog > Product Options > Default Tax Class.

I don’t have a Product Options section? Has it been moved?

Image Attachments
Magento Admin.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

I wondered the same thing when I was first reading that page, but then I found it somewhere. Unfortunately, I’ve slept a few times since then!

I did notice that despite setting the Tax Class, when importing several products with the Tax Class set identically to the one product I exported, the new ones all had a blank tax field on subsequent export. The visibility and the enabled status was not imported correctly either.  So I wonder how the “defaultness” of the tax class would even work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

talofo

Total Posts:  35

Magento Team? Can this come back? :s

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jens F.

Total Posts:  1

Up!

I have got the same problem.

Can anyone help us out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aspott

Total Posts:  8

this is really annoying because it requires an extra step of selecting the tax class when keying in products.

Magento - any comments on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WhoIsGregg

Total Posts:  64
Tampa, Florida

Also wondering where this feature went...?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ruralcomputers

Total Posts:  1

The Tax options are now under the Sales menu - look for Tax at the bottom of the menu, and then various options are available such as different tax regions, amounts, and categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WhoIsGregg

Total Posts:  64
Tampa, Florida

I went back and checked all those screens again, I still can’t see where you can set a default tax class for a new product.

@ruralcomputerservices: On which screen do you see the choice to pick a default tax class?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

@ruralcomputerservices : It sounds you are confusing product tax class and shipping tax class.

There is a tax classes dropdwon under configuration > sales > tax but it’s the default value for shipping tax not product…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ModifyMage

Total Posts:  84

Hi everyone. New kid on the block here. I am just going through the User Guide doing initial setup and I was wondering if this problem has been resolved. Is there a way to set a default tax class for new products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

celebro

Hi folks,
the “default Tax” has been moved to “Sales"--> “TAX"--> “Tax class"-->"Tax class for shipping” then select for “taxable goods”. The label has been choosen unlikely. it should be named as tax classes only.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rwone

Total Posts:  174

Can someoone please update the users guide at:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/welcome_to_the_magento_user_s_guide/chapter_3/

to reflect this change of location.

it currently reads:

Product Options

Default Tax Class - Select whether the default tax class for with new products added to your catalog will be Taxable Goods or not.

Warning: The “Default Tax Class” feature no longer seems to be available as of 1.1.6. If you know how to re-enable this feature or where the feature has moved, please edit this page and post your solution to the forum.

thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dr. Boots

Minneapolis, MN

Doesn’t selecting “taxable goods” under “tax class for shipping” just make shipping a taxable item? I have this option selected and saved, but when I go to create a new product, I still have to select a tax class under the “prices” tab in the left-hand menu bar. I do not think System> Configuration>Tax> Tax Class For Shipping is the solution for avoiding that key stroke during item creation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Total Posts:  98
Amsterdam

The same for me…

I am going grazy looking for it but untill now no success… messing with the tax rules doesn’t seem to be the solution for this..

Any answer by anyone how to do this is the supposed way?

Onepack

Magento Community
Magento Community

Futuros

Total Posts:  6

No solution for this problem in 1.3.0?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Angela Miller

Total Posts:  16
Coral Gables, FL

Hello,
Not sure if this is a solution to when someone mentioned having to select the tax option automatically when creating a new product, but if you go to catalog > attributes > manage attributes, you can set whether or not the tax attribute (or any attribute) should be required or not when entering a new product.  You can select the tax attribute, for instance, and then you can select which global value it should have for a. new products, b. all products, etc.  This way you will not have to select it every time you add a new product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2