Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to remove the description tab

layus

Total Posts:  3

Hello!
Is there anyway we can remove the description tab from the product details, and show the additional information instead?
Since we’re a computer shop, a short description and the additional information are enough information and more organized and detailed than trying to come up with some original description.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nobby

Total Posts:  22

Hi,

In your layout directory of your theme edit the catalog.xml file.

you are looking for the <catalog_product_view>

comment out the following line:-
<action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>description</alias><title>Detailed Description</title><block>catalog/product_view_description</block><template>catalog/product/view/description.phtml</template></action>

you can also change the order of the tabs by moving them in this file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

layus

Thanks a lot Nobby! Works great smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

what version of magento are you guys using? I don’t see this code snippet in my catalog.xml file. (in 1.1.3)

The descriptions and product details haven’t appears “tabbed” to me in any version i’ve used so far either (.9, 1.1.2, 1.1.3)

Magento Community
Magento Community

layus

it appears tabbed if you use the modern theme smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I removed the description tab by modifying the xml file mentioned above but the css isn’t quite right. There is no active tab when the page is first loaded. Any idea what I need to change?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community