Magento Forum

Cloning order / Order pre-filled values

phonkala

Total Posts:  3

Hi!

I am currently in a situation where I need to somehow create a new order that has some of its data copied from an existing order. The idea is to give library-style expiration date to certain products and create a new order based on the fees the corresponding order_item has caused. So the new order basicly consists of Additional fee -products and the amount of the products in the order is the same as the duration how long the product has been expired in days.

At the moment I need help on creating the new order with correctly initialized data and add the same customer information as the original order had to the new order. Should I create completely new order or clone the existing one? How to do that? What data is to be copied and what is optional? I’ve tried lots of functions but i guess i don’t have enough knowledge about Magento to know with ones to use and where all needed functions exist.

Now that I really think of it, all I need is to create a new order, add correct billing&shipping;addresses and the correct items & prices to it and then redirect the user ( =admin) to the admin edit view with pre-filled values. Is there any way to do this easily (some guide) or can you please help me get this job done.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phonkala

Total Posts:  3

Anyone have any kind of a solution for this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community