Magento Forum

v1.1.3 Themes

bluesky

Total Posts:  19

Hi

I’ve recently done a fresh install of v1.1.3 and I’ve added my previous theme and it seems to break the search function.  So I went back to basics and created a new theme and all I changed was the main logo.

I had an older version of magento and I added this theme in exactly the same way that I added one to the old version (which worked like a dream) so I can’t see where I could have gone wrong.  Has the way to add a theme changed from version 1.0 to 1.1.3?  Maybe I haven’t done something correctly in Admin?  The only thing I changed in admin was to add my theme name to Configuration>System>Design>Themes>Default and I created the folder in the Default directory that resides in the Skin folder and all I did was add a new logo.  Surely this simple theme should work?  What am I missing here?

It gives me the following error:

Invalid method Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result::initList(Array
(
[0] => catalog/product/list.phtml
)
)

#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call(’initList’, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result->initList(’catalog/product...’)
#2 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(322): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(198): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(190): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(194): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(279): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#7 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(216): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 .../app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/controllers/ResultController.php(48): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#9 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_CatalogSearch_ResultController->indexAction()
#10 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#11 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 .../app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#13 .../index.php(46): Mage::run()
#14 {main}

Anyone having the same problem?  confused

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pcarve

Total Posts:  6
Toronto

Having the same problem here, any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

Total Posts:  21

This is due to a custom template issue. After the upgrade you maintained everything in your custom “layout” directory as if it was a <1.0 site, which is incorrect.

Upon the upgrade to >1.0, there were changes to the “catalogsearch” which required XML changes.

In order to fix:
Copy catalogsearch.xml from the skin/frontend/default/default/layout/ directory and stick it in skin/frontend/yourlayout/yourtemplate/layout/ - a replacement will occur. Only do the above if you have not made any changes to catalogsearch.xml prior to the upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

micahsheets

Total Posts:  2

Path to catalogsearch.xml is actually

app\design\frontend\default\yourtemplate\layout\

it is not in skin.

Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

atlantide

Total Posts:  187
France

I tried to copy all default layout files on my template ones, but I still get the trouble on Magento 1.1.5

Any idea ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

clickcomkyle

Total Posts:  28

I have not found a solution either. i am moving to 1.1.6 and i have the same problem. can do everything i want except search.

this may help…
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/upgrading_magento_themes_for_the_latest_releases

but didnt help me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community