Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

v1.1.3 Themes

bluesky

Total Posts:  19

Hi

I’ve recently done a fresh install of v1.1.3 and I’ve added my previous theme and it seems to break the search function.  So I went back to basics and created a new theme and all I changed was the main logo. 

I had an older version of magento and I added this theme in exactly the same way that I added one to the old version (which worked like a dream) so I can’t see where I could have gone wrong.  Has the way to add a theme changed from version 1.0 to 1.1.3?  Maybe I haven’t done something correctly in Admin?  The only thing I changed in admin was to add my theme name to Configuration>System>Design>Themes>Default and I created the folder in the Default directory that resides in the Skin folder and all I did was add a new logo.  Surely this simple theme should work?  What am I missing here?

It gives me the following error:

Invalid method Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result::initList(Array
(
[0] => catalog/product/list.phtml
)
)

#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call(’initList’, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result->initList(’catalog/product...’)
#2 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(322): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(198): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(190): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(194): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(279): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#7 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(216): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 .../app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/controllers/ResultController.php(48): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#9 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_CatalogSearch_ResultController->indexAction()
#10 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#11 .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 .../app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#13 .../index.php(46): Mage::run()
#14 {main}

Anyone having the same problem?  confused

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

did you create your new theme from v1.1.3? or v1?

there seems to be several differences since v1 in the way products are stored and handled. I had a similar prob when upgrading to the new version. In the end I had to remake the template starting with the files from the new version. There is some info in the wiki somewhere which will tell you which pieces of code need to be changed.

try uploading all the default files connected with the search from the new version, then customise them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgfreak

Total Posts:  2

I have this same problem using 1.1.2.  I’ve not upgraded but I have created a new theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgfreak

Total Posts:  2

Solved the issue - for me at least.
Found the problem to be somewhere here…
app/design/frontend/modifedtheme/modifiedtheme/template/catalogsearch/form.mini.phtml
app/design/frontend/modifedtheme/modifiedtheme/layout/catalogsearch.xml
I just swapped these files out for the defaults and it worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

P-M Nordkvist

Total Posts:  5
Stockholm

Thanx alot. This really helped. We found it very confusing that so many parts of the layouts have been changed. We will probably stick to version 1.1.3 for a while now when we go into production. Upgrades seem a bit shaky.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chase

Total Posts:  4

I swapped out those 2 files as mentioned above and it worked perfect for me!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

clickcomkyle

Total Posts:  28

I tried swapping out those files, but no success… I am upgrading 1.0.1 to 1.1.6… so i guess there is more to it? Anyone else having this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community