Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Completely blank pages in some product categories

Core

Total Posts:  68

Hi,

I’ve noticed that in some categories that the first 4 pages display OK but from page 5 onwards the pages are completely blank.

Magento version is: 1.0.19870
Would upgrading to a newer version fix this?  I don’t have time or budget to upgrade to 1.1x as the template is incompatable with that version.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Core

The interesting thing here is that when I use an http packet sniffer I see the request go out, but what comes back is nothing at all.  It seems that the server closed the connection without returning anything.

Has anyone seen this before?  the web server is apache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Core

Tracked the problem down to a lack of memory.

I couldn’t override the memory_limit in php.ini or .htaccess.

However, I was using the direct resize module and I noticed some improvements in 1.1.1 to the resizing.
At the moment I’m stuck with 1.0.19700 for various reasons so I’ve pulled the enhancements back to that version and dumped directresize.

The good news is, speed has increased by at least a factor of 2, and memory usage has decreased dramtically as well.  I would recommend not using directResize and instead use the newer versions of magento or follow the suggestions in the forums about the resize function.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community