Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t edit the product-page attributes form ? 

dagobert renouf

Total Posts:  26

Hello everyone,

I’m currently trying to edit the code of the attributes in the product pages, but the only thing I see is a big javascript code.

Any experience on how to handle it right ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi there,

not too sure what you are trying to achieve but I would assume that you should be able to change the attribute codes from the Admin Backend and leave the code as it is.

Alternatively if you are trying to do something similar to this. We added a link to a Sizing Guide when the attribute name is t-shirt size by editing this file

/app/design/frontend/YOURINTERFACE/YOURTHEME/template/catalog/product/view/type/options/configurable.phtml (Magento 1.1.3)

adding the following to the foreach loop over the attributes:

<?php if ($_attribute->getLabel()=="T-Shirt Size"): ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

dagobert renouf

Total Posts:  26

Hi fooman and thank you for your answer.

I see you already touched this subject a bit, and that you have been able to add a few things, this helps me out.
However, my main goal is something bigger, I want to add custom javascript behavior on a specific select attribute. So with your technique I can apply my js to the attribute I want, which is great.

The thing I want to achieve is, when changing the attribute color >> the product image change to the one associated with the chosen color. I don’t know how we could do this, but I would greatly appreciate some directions to start digging.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi dagobert, this would certainly be an awesome feature to have. unfortunately I haven’t looked any further into this, but do let us know what you find out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community