Magento Forum

help i broke the admin pages! 

halfhp

Total Posts:  1

I got magento up and running using a temporary domain name for evaluation.  After playing around with it for a while I decided I wanted to move it over to my actual domain name which is correctly pointed to the server etc.

So I went into the configuration settings and saw a couple places to change the base url.  I saw that there was such an option just for the admin pages so I went ahead and set it to use a custom url and typed in the new information.  Once I did that though all hell broke loose and the admin console links are all broken.

I went into the _core_config_data table in my magento database and found /web/secure/base_url and /web/unsecure/base_url and figured those must be the corresponding entries.  So I cleared those out and set admin/url/use_custom to 0 (from 1).  I then deleted my cache folder.  I can now get back to the admin pages to some extent but whenever I click a link, towards the bottom there is a 404 error where the main section content would probably be and all I can see instead are the section links across the left.  Also it appears the css files are not loading either because the page has no style applied at all.

I checked the apache logs to see what the 404 error might be in reference to but it doesnt appear to be showing up in those logs.  (probably a misconfiguration of apache on my part there...Ill keep checking into that.)

In the mean time I was wondering if there is a quick and easy fix to this - I’m sure Im not the first person to shoot my foot off like this smile

Thanks in advance,
nick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community