Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

unserialize() function error in multiple places - help! 

stoverjosh

Total Posts:  4

I’m having an issue adding products in that I get the following error after clicking save when I try to add one.

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 304 bytes in /magento/app/code/core/Mage/Rule/Model/Rule.php on line 201

I also receive the error with the unserialize function when I attempt to import products.  It also happens when I try to import anything, not just products.

I’ve gone through and made sure the permissions were set to 777, read write execute on the entire site.  I’ve also re-uploaded all the files.  I haven’t deleted the installation and tried again yet.  Perhaps I’ll do that next. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m stuck. 

Thanks,

Josh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stoverjosh

I’ve tried completely reinstalling the magento files on the server without success.  I get the same error.

Someone please help me out.

Thanks,

Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

stoverjosh

Still, and I’m still getting the same error, no matter how I install the package.  I’ve tried modifying all enteries while adding a product and there are no special characters used anywhere.  I still get the error when I fill out only the required fields with data that should not be causing an error.

I’ve also gone in to edit a product and when I try to save, same result—unserialize error.  I know I’m not imputing incorrect data because I’ll change something as simple as adding the word “TEST” to the end of the description and I get teh error.

Please help.  This is getting very frustrating.

Thanks,

Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community